Are you a true all-rounder who always goes the extra mile? Does it fulfill you making people happy and do you know exactly how to make guests feel at home? Then you could be the new host of the Eden Hotel Amsterdam!
What will you be doing?
You are the point of contact for our guests and provide them with all the information they need. You'll help guests check in, tell them which highlights they really shouldn't miss, and ask them if you can reserve a table for them at one of your many recommendations in the city. In the meantime, you get a call from a guest who wants to reserve a room for next week. No problem, you will take care of that. You notice that the next guests are ready to check out, so you help them immediately. You're dying to know how they experienced their time with us. You take their suitcases, so they can hop into town before they leave. After they return, they tell you that they will certainly come back for a visit soon. That’s great to hear! That’s why you do it!
"It's great to be an all-rounder," you said to yourself this morning when you helped to prepare the rooms. You immediately discovered some points of improvement which you immediately discussed with your colleagues. When the last guests leave the lobby you notice that a colleague is busy with guests who are coming for breakfast; you don't hesitate for a second and jump in. You help your colleague with serving a nice coffee, cleaning tables, and making sure the room is looking its very best again. You love your job!
Who are we?
The new Eden Hotel Amsterdam has undergone a complete metamorphosis after its renovation. We have a real Tokyo-style hotel bar, a beautiful Food Theatre where you can eat and drink all day long and a self-service concept has been rolled out in the new lobby. The addition of 5 new rooms brings the total to no less than 391 and makes us one of the largest hotels in the center of Amsterdam. A large number of rooms were also refurbished with a Burlesque theme. The history of Eden Hotels and the history of the hotel and its surroundings are brought to the fore in every aspect of the new design.
Eden Hotels has built a compelling collection of city centre hotels over two generations. Our hands-on approach combines decades of industry expertise with business insight, enabling each and every colleague to reach their full potential. We take great pleasure in creating local experiences and lasting memories for our guests. With our 13 hotels, we are located in all the great cities and surprising places in the Netherlands. We know everything about our cities and ensure that the guest feels like part of our family. With our ambition to grow internationally, our mission is to start providing that same excellent service and experience across Europe. We have exciting times ahead with major projects on the horizon, so it's a great time to get on board!
Who are you?
- You are a happy maker at heart; super-enthusiastic, representative and proactive.
- You like to work in a team, but working independently and making sure the job gets done is no problem for you.
- You put the guest first; you always want to offer the best service and experience.
- You have experience as a receptionist(s) at a hotel and are also familiar with operations in F&B departments like the restaurant or bar.
- Knowledge of IDPMS Amadeus is nice, but not a must.
- You speak fluent Dutch and English. Also (a little) French, German, or Spanish? Even better!
- You live in the Amsterdam area.
What can you expect from us?
- A full-time / part-time contract (with an intention to extend).
- A gross salary starting at €1.995* per month or €12,12* per hour (based on full-time employment).
- The Eden Basics are in good hands with us. Think good collective insurances and a travel allowance.
- Two free nights a year in an Eden Hotel of your choice.
- Substantial discount on even more nights, also for Family & Friends.
- 25 days of holiday days and the option to buy 5 extra days.
- Continued self-development at our Eden Academy.
- Healthy bicycle via the company scheme.
- Have your online orders conveniently delivered to the hotel.
- A nice colleague bonus scheme.
- Great colleagues and lots of (creative) freedom. Cosy events and of course a nice gift for all the wonderful moments in life.
- At Eden Hotels, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference to your chances during the application process. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.
*Salary is based on the Hospitality Collective Labour Agreement wage scale when the candidate is 21 years of age or older.