Ramses Shaffy drank his beer, Harry Mulisch read the newspaper and Mata Hari held her wedding dinner here. We offer you an opportunity to work in Amsterdam’s famous Art Deco restaurant with a gorgeous view over Leidseplein. Do you offer VIP treatment to every guest you serve, and are you passionate about drinks? Then Café Americain is looking for you.
In the fifties, Café Americain had already established itself as a meeting place for Amsterdam locals; today, it has acquired iconic status in our beautiful city, which offers a truly phenomenal view on Leidseplein. This well-known Art Deco restaurant is a modern brasserie that is breaking new ground with a blend of ‘Class’ & ‘Classics’. From early morning till late at night. Café Americain represents historic allure - according to the 21st century. Excellent quality, an accessible style, and brimming with personality. In addition to Amsterdam items on the All Day menu, we also offer Dutch ingredients.
Eden Hotels has built a compelling collection of city centre hotels over two generations. Our hands-on approach combines decades of industry expertise with business insight, enabling each and every colleague to reach their full potential. We take great pleasure in creating local experiences and lasting memories for our guests. With our 14 hotels, we are located in all the great cities and surprising places in the Netherlands. We know everything about our cities and ensure that the guest feels like part of our family. With our ambition to grow internationally, our mission is to start providing that same excellent service and experience across Europe. We have exciting times ahead with major projects on the horizon, so it's a great time to get on board!
As a bartender, the bar in the heart of Café Americain is your domain. This is where you will prepare all your drinks, from cappuccino to gin and tonic, with the same loving care - and impeccable quality. You are abreast of the latest trends and ingredients in drinks and beverages. Guests can always consult you about special beers, local spirits or special cocktails - and you will serve each of them with a special individual nuance. A good bartender is cheerful and full of energy, and is always able to come up with an entertaining anecdote or two about the café. And of course you know how to keep your work area spotlessly clean all day long. So you will make the bar the reason why people visit the Café Americain.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
- Receiving guests, taking orders, providing information about drinks and food.
- Passing on or preparing orders yourself.
- Taking care of the mice & place, such as checking the bar and the sitting area.
- Replenishing the bar stock by collecting and putting away the necessary items.
- Cleaning up the work areas and bar equipment after working hours.
- Stock juice, mixers, soft drinks, beer, wine, liquor, and supplies.
- Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff.
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment for co-workers and guests.
- Be knowledgeable of property facilities, services, hours of operation, in-house events, conferences, and amenities to proactively assist guests.
What do we expect from you
- MBO 2-3 working and thinking level.
- Familiarity with the (legal) safety and (social) hygiene regulations.
- You have a high level of responsibility and are service oriented.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Any other language? Fantastic! The more the merrier.
- You have a presentable appearance.
- You have excellent communication and service-related skills.
- A highly motivated, flexible personality, with the ability to handle stress well.
- You have a proactive attitude, are creative and you see everything that happens.
- You are familiar with Micros (POS system).
- Excellent knowledge of bartending (eg. cocktails, liquors, barista etc.).
Handy to have
- Not averse to rotating and weekend shifts, and working on public holidays.
What can you expect from us?
- A full-time / part-time contract (with an intention to extend).
- A gross salary starting at €2.150,00* per month (based on full-time employment).
- Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is part of Eden Hotel Group.
- The Eden Basics are in good hands with us. Think good collective insurances and a travel allowance.
- Two free nights per year in an Eden Hotel of your choice.
- Substantial discount on even more nights, also for Family & Friends.
- Team member and family room rate discount at Hard Rock Hotels.
- Inhouse experience at Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American.
- 25 days of holiday (based on fulltime contract) and the option to buy 5 extra days of holiday.
- Continued self-development at the School of Hard Rock.
- Bicycle scheme via the company scheme.
- Have your online orders conveniently delivered to the hotel.
- A nice colleague bonus scheme.
- Great colleagues and lots of (creative) freedom.
- Cosy events and of course a nice gift for all the great moments in life.
- At Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference during the application process. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.
*Salary is based on the Hospitality Collective Labour Agreement wage scale when the candidate is 21 years of age or older.
View other vacancies
Food & Beverage Duty TraineeSee vacancy
Food & Beverage ApprenticeSee vacancy