Chef de Parti
Cooking fine dining for true VIP rock stars in the very first Hard Rock Hotel in the Netherlands? Do you dish out the most innovative culinary creations, and do you enjoy being in the culinary spotlight? Then you may well be the new superstar of Café Americain.
In the fifties, this had already established itself as a meeting place for Amsterdam locals; today, it has acquired iconic status next to Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, which offers a truly phenomenal view of the Leidseplein. This well-known Art Deco restaurant is a modern brasserie that is breaking new ground with a blend of ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night. Café Americain represents historic allure - according to the 21st century. Excellent quality, an accessible style, and brimming with personality. In addition to Amsterdam items on the All Day menu, it also offers Dutch ingredients.
Eden Hotels has built a compelling collection of city centre hotels over two generations. Our hands-on approach combines decades of industry expertise with business insight, enabling each and every colleague to reach their full potential. We take great pleasure in creating local experiences and lasting memories for our guests. With our 14 hotels, we are located in all the great cities and surprising places in the Netherlands. We know everything about our cities and ensure that the guest feels like part of our family. With our ambition to grow internationally, our mission is to start providing that same excellent service and experience across Europe. We have exciting times ahead with major projects on the horizon, so it's a great time to get on board!
You will prepare the dishes for all of the food & beverage outlets in the hotel. Your job will be to ensure that the dishes only leave the kitchen if they not only taste good, but look good as well; be it breakfast early in the morning or the last dessert of the evening meal. As a Chef de Parti, you are of course fully familiar with the latest cooking techniques, food trends, and ingredients. You also have the skills required to passionately pass on this knowledge to your team and guests. Your mission is to improve the standard of the processes, products and menus just a little bit each day in comparison to the previous day. You know exactly how to efficiently organise your working day so that you are never short of time, and are always eager and willing to offer a brainstorming-based menu, because we always want to pleasantly surprise our guests with our menu and exquisite dishes. This way, each working day is different, either for you or for your colleagues.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
- Receive and store food according to standards, ensuring all product is rotated and items are stored at proper temperatures.
- Review production schedule at the beginning of each shift to ensure all items necessary for preparation are stocked.
- Ensure all items are prepared according to recipe cards, plating guides, and photographs and or according to chef’s orders.
- Follow kitchen safety procedures at all times.
- Ensure the production process is maintained, done on the basis of weekly planning and daily planning.
- Maintain an overview, ensure a division of tasks and direct colleagues in the department where necessary.
- Check the fridges and freezer for products and stock (THT, FIFO, HACCP.).
- Check the cleaning of the department and its environment.
- Guide students according to the agreements made (division of tasks).
What do we expect from you
- Completed at least one MBO level 3 in cooking.
- In possession of a ‘leermeester diploma’.
- In possession of “sociale hygiene” and HACCP certificates.
- You have demonstrable knowledge of basic cooking techniques.
- You know exactly how to motivate your team and include them in your enthusiasm.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You are independent, creative and empathic.
- Obviously you are flexible about working hours and duties.
- You have a high level of responsibility and are quality oriented.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- You have knowledge of products, ingredients and allergens.
- You live in the Amsterdam area.
Handy to have
- Not averse to rotating and weekend shift and working on public holidays.
What can you expect from us?
- A full-time contract (with an intention to extend).
- A gross salary starting at €2.450,00* per month (based on full-time employment).
- Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is part of Eden Hotel Group.
- The Eden Basics are in good hands with us. Think good collective insurances and a travel allowance.
- Two free nights per year in an Eden Hotel of your choice.
- Substantial discount on even more nights, also for Family & Friends.
- Team member and family room rate discount at Hard Rock Hotels.
- Inhouse experience at Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American.
- 25 days of holiday (based on fulltime contract) and the option to buy 5 extra days of holiday.
- Continued self-development at the School of Hard Rock.
- Bicycle scheme via the company scheme.
- Have your online orders conveniently delivered to the hotel.
- A nice colleague bonus scheme.
- Great colleagues and lots of (creative) freedom.
- Cosy events and of course a nice gift for all the great moments in life.
- At Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference during the application process. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.
*Salary is based on the Hospitality Collective Labour Agreement wage scale when the candidate is 21 years of age or older.