Are you a jolly, fun loving personality? You now have the chance to learn in Amsterdam’s famous ambitious Art Deco restaurant Café Americain. Every guest is in good hands with you, you make sure they are well taken care off. Will your career start at Café Americain?
What will you be
Get ready for an exciting learning period in which no day is the same! As an F&B apprentice, you perform an important role in the success of Café Americain. Under the guidance of your teacher you carefully prepare the mise-en-place, because preparation is half the work. You’re always ‘on’, because along with your colleagues you make sure every guest leaves the Café Americain happy. You enjoy working hard and supporting your colleagues in operational tasks. You thereby jointly contribute to ensuring that Café Americain continues to deliver the highest level of service to its guests.
Who are we?
In the fifties, Café Americain had already established itself as a meeting place for Amsterdam locals; today, it has acquired iconic status in our beautiful city, which offers a truly phenomenal view on Leidseplein. This well-known Art Deco restaurant is a modern brasserie that is breaking new ground with a blend of ‘Class’ & ‘Classics’. From early morning till late at night. Café Americain represents historic allure - according to the 21st century. Excellent quality, an accessible style, and brimming with personality. In addition to Amsterdam items on the All Day menu, we also offer Dutch ingredients.
Eden Hotels has built a compelling collection of city centre hotels over two generations. Our hands-on approach combines decades of industry expertise with business insight, enabling each and every colleague to reach their full potential. We take great pleasure in creating local experiences and lasting memories for our guests. With our 14 hotels, we are located in all the great cities and surprising places in the Netherlands. We know everything about our cities and ensure that the guest feels like part of our family. With our ambition to grow internationally, our mission is to start providing that same excellent service and experience across Europe. We have exciting times ahead with major projects on the horizon, so it's a great time to get on board!
- Be thoroughly familiar with all menu items, including ingredients and food allergens, and wine list in order to assist guests and answer questions accurately.
- Ensure restaurant is clean and in order at all times, including tables, chairs, floors, walls, ceilings, lighting, temperature, music, and décor.
- Ensure sequence of service is followed for all guests.
- Greet guests, take food and beverage orders, and suggestive sell.
- Serve food and beverages, ensuring timeliness, completeness, and accuracy.
- Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff.
- Maintain tables by clearing finished plates, glassware, silverware, trash, and other items.
- Polish and set up china, glassware, silverware, and service items.
- Be knowledgeable of property facilities, services, hours of operation, in-house events, conferences, and amenities to proactively assist guests.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
Who are you?
Experience, Education and Certifications
- You follow a course through apprenticeship level III or level IV.
- You have a high level of responsibility and are service oriented.
- You have a presentable appearance.
- You have excellent communication and service-related skills.
- You are highly motivated, a flexible personality, with the ability to handle stress well.
- You have a proactive attitude, are creative and you see everything that happens.
- You are familiar with Micros (POS system).
- Thorough knowledge of wines and drinks, or at least you are keen to learn more about it.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Any other language? Fantastic! The more the merrier.
- Not averse to rotating and weekend shifts, and working on public holidays.
What can you expect from us?
- A fulltime contract.
- A good salary.
- Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is part of Eden Hotel Group.
- The Eden Basics are in good hands with us. Think good collective insurances and a travel allowance.
- Two free nights per year in an Eden Hotel of your choice.
- Substantial discount on even more nights, also for Family & Friends.
- Team member and family room rate discount at Hard Rock Hotels.
- Inhouse experience .
- Have your online orders conveniently delivered to the hotel.
- A nice colleague bonus scheme.
- Great colleagues and lots of (creative) freedom.
- Cosy events and of course a nice gift for all the great moments in life.
- Our Sjoerd Dijkstra Foundation dedicates itself on your behalf to beautiful social projects in the hospitality industry for vulnerable groups in society.
- At Eden Hotels, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference during the application process. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.