Do you whistle (or rock?!) on your way to work, thinking of ways in which your guests will enjoy an unforgettable experience - all over again? Are you a stickler for precision, whether when tuning your guitar or maintaining our hotel in a flawless condition? Chances are you are going to rock in your job as Housekeeping Hero.
The Housekeeping Floor Supervisor is responsible for the daily inspection of up to 70 Rooms per day according to agreed high standards of cleanliness and presentation aimed at maximising guest satisfaction. Apart from checking rooms, you will be responsible for managing all work areas on your allocated area of the hotel, for example, corridors, service areas and equipment. You will be responsible for coaching and coordinating up to 8 Room Attendants. High levels of communication are expected between Front Office regarding room status as well as reporting any malfunctions in the room to the Engineering department.
The Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable 5-star experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that is breaking new ground with a blend of ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night.
- Checking rooms to required company standard for staying and arriving guests
- Coaching Room Attendants in order to maximize guests satisfaction
- Training new employees company expectations
- Periodic Evaluation Talks with Room Attendants
- Checking of Public Areas according to company standards
- Participate and contribute towards improvements in working procedures
- Responsible for the registration of Lost Property
- Responsible for conclusive Handover for evening shift
- Checking Stock caddies/carts with all required cleaning supplies, linen, amenities, and equipment.
- Maintain awareness of guests in corridors, greeting guests in passing, using names when known, moving carts to allow guests to pass, and turning off vacuum cleaners when guests are present
- Ensure all equipment in guest room is in working order and all amenities are free of damage
- Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff
- Be knowledgeable of property facilities, services, hours of operation, in-house events, conferences, and amenities to proactively assist guests
- Resolve guest complaints using property procedures
- Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we deliver Amplified Service
- Utilize programs designed to help Save the Planet
- Coordinate operations with other departments, as needed
- Maintain confidentiality of guest, employee, and company information
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
Experience, Education and Certifications
- MBO 3 working and thinking level, with at least 2 years experience in a similar position
- You can handle stress well and have a high sense of responsibility
- You have a presentable appearance, are passionate by nature and have a proactive attitude
- You are a good team player but can also work independently
- You have a service-oriented and guest-centred attitude. The guest is your number 1 priority
- You have the ability to enthuse, guide and coach your team, and to familiarise them with the work
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Do you also speak (a little) French, German or Spanish? We would consider that a huge advantage!
- You are service-oriented and have an eye for detail
- You are flexible
- You have a sense of responsibility
- You maintain a high standard of quality
- Ability to move throughout the business (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders
- Ability to regularlymove objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds / 25 kilograms
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment
- Not averse to rotating and weekends/evening shifts, and working on public holidays
- Passion for music and knowledge of music trends preferred
- Understanding of lifestyle hotel products and guest services.
What can you expect from us
- A challenging job;
- Capacity for own creativity and initiative;
- Appropriate salary;
- Discount on overnight stay and F&B in the hotels within our group;
- Training and career opportunities;
- Collective health insurance;
- The Inhouse Experience (after probationary period).