Food & Beverage Supervisor
Do you enjoy giving guests a great time and are you happy to go the extra mile to do so? Can you manage a team and are you a true inspirator? For the Babylon Hotel in The Hague we are looking for an energetic Food & Beverage Supervisor with serious leadership skills!
What will you be doing?
As F&B Supervisor you are the "go-to" person for our guests and your colleagues. You will be the right hand of the F&B Service Manager – responsible for the Food & Beverage department. You will ensure that guests have a great stay and are always looking for ways to make that experience even better. That’s what really energizes you.
With your leadership skills, you get the best out of the F&B team. You are not afraid to make decisions and during your shift, you are a true inspiration to others. You have a good sense of which areas and departments are busiest and always make sure that these receive extra help when needed. Apart from that, we know we can also count on you to do the administrative chores that come with the job. Whether that is reviewing the monthly figures, creating next month's working schedule, or reviewing and logging the hours worked by your colleagues, you are always on top of it. You know that when your team is happy, so will your guests.
Who are we?
The Babylon Hotel The Hague, an icon at The Hague Central Station since 1978 and part of Eden Hotels. Centrally located, with a fantastic view and, of course, all the famous attractions within easy reach. The hotel has 143 rooms and several special meeting rooms. On the first floor of the hotel you will find our bar and restaurant "The Livingroom", where we create a real feeling of home for our guests.
Eden Hotels has built a compelling collection of city centre hotels over two generations. Our hands-on approach combines decades of industry expertise with business insight, enabling each and every colleague to reach their full potential. We take great pleasure in creating local experiences and lasting memories for our guests. With our 14 hotels, we are located in all the great cities and surprising places in the Netherlands. We know everything about our cities and ensure that the guest feels like part of our family. With our ambition to grow internationally, our mission is to start providing that same excellent service and experience across Europe. We have exciting times ahead with major projects on the horizon, so it's a great time to get on board!
Who are you?
- You always put the guest's needs first and always go the extra mile.
- You are presentable, enthusiastic, and always ready to go.
- You have completed a relevant education at least at MBO-4 level.
- You have experience in an operational F&B position and can manage a team.
- You are the person that can motivate, train and coach your team.
- You have good product knowledge and you are always happy to share this knowledge with guests and colleagues.
- You know how to create an unforgettable experience! Together with our team, you will provide our guests with a wonderful experience in the Living Room (our restaurant) This can be during breakfast services, an event, casual drinks, or a work meeting.
- You are flexible in working hours and duties.
- You have a high sense of responsibility and can perform well under pressure and hectic conditions.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Do you also speak (some) French, German, or Spanish? Even better!
- You live in the Den Haag region.
What can you expect from us?
- A full-time contract (with an intention to extend).
- A gross salary starting at €2.052,36* per month (based on full-time employment).
- The Eden Basics are in good hands with us. Think good collective insurances and a travel allowance.
- Two free nights a year in an Eden Hotel of your choice.
- Substantial discount on even more nights, also for Family & Friends.
- 25 days of holiday days and the option to buy 5 extra days.
- Continued self-development at our Eden Academy.
- Healthy bicycle via the company scheme.
- Have your online orders conveniently delivered to the hotel.
- A nice colleague bonus scheme.
- Great colleagues and lots of (creative) freedom. Cosy events and of course a nice gift for all the wonderful moments in life.
- At Eden Hotels, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference to your chances during the application process. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.
*Salary is based on the Hospitality Collective Labour Agreement wage scale when the candidate is 21 years of age or older.
View other vacancies
Waiter/Banquet EmployeeSee vacancy
Waiter/Banquet EmployeeSee vacancy
Sous ChefSee vacancy