Are you that person who always goes the extra mile? Does it fulfill you making people happy and do you know exactly how to make guests feel at home? And do you have a service-oriented attitude and mindset? Then we are looking for you!
What will you be doing?
You are the point of contact for our guests and provide them with all the information they need. You'll help guests check-in, tell them which highlights they really shouldn't miss, and ask them if you can reserve a table for them at our restaurant. In the meantime, you get a call from a guest who wants to reserve a room for next week. No problem, you will take care of that too. You notice that the next guests are ready to check out, so you help them immediately. You're dying to know how they experienced their time with us. You take their suitcases, so they can hop into town before they leave. They tell you that they will come back for a visit soon. That’s why you do it!
You are a jack of all trades and get a lot of energy from having variety in your work. You don’t mind doing a night shift or helping out your colleagues in another hotel! You are super flexible.
Who are we?
The Babylon Hotel The Hague, an icon at The Hague Central Station since 1978 and part of the Dutch family-run Eden Hotels. Centrally located, with a fantastic view and, of course, all the famous attractions within easy reach. The hotel has 143 rooms and several special meeting rooms. On the first floor of the hotel you will find our bar and restaurant "The Livingroom", where we create a real feeling of home for our guests.
Eden Hotels is a Dutch family hotel group which has been offering guests local and unforgettable experiences since 1947. With now 14 hotels, we are located in the city centres of all major cities in the Netherlands. At Eden we do things a little differently, a little more.... stimulating! Quirky, personal, fresh and unique. That is Eden. And with our ambition to grow internationally, it is our mission to offer that same excellent service and experience throughout Europe. We have exciting times ahead with major projects, so it's a great time to get on board!
Who are you?
- You are an energizing personality whose energy gets everybody you work with enthusiastic.
- You enjoy working in a team, but working independently is also no problem for you.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Do you also speak (some) French, German, or Spanish? Even better!
- You really put the guest first; you have a service-oriented attitude and a true hospitality mindset.
- You have at least 1 year of experience as a receptionist.
- You have a great sense of responsibility.
- You are flexible, working a night shift is no problem for you.
- You are enthusiastic and have strong communication skills.
- You are accurate and stress-resistant.
- Do you have a BHV diploma? That is a plus!
- You live in the region of The Hague.
What can you expect from us?
- A part-time contract (with an intention to extend).
- A gross salary starting at €1.947,82* per month (based on full-time employment).
- The Eden Basics are in good hands with us. Think good collective insurances and a travel allowance.
- Two free nights a year in an Eden Hotel of your choice.
- Substantial discount on even more nights, also for Family & Friends.
- 25 days of holiday days and the option to buy 5 extra days.
- Continued self-development at our Eden Academy.
- Healthy bicycle via the company scheme.
- Have your online orders conveniently delivered to the hotel.
- A nice colleague bonus scheme.
- Great colleagues and lots of (creative) freedom. Cosy events and of course a nice gift for all the wonderful moments in life.
- Our Sjoerd Dijkstra Foundation dedicates itself on your behalf to beautiful social projects in the hospitality industry for vulnerable groups in society.
- At Eden Hotels, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference to your chances during the application process. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.
*Salary is based on the Hospitality Collective Labour Agreement wage scale when the candidate is 21 years of age or older.