Are you the kind of person who goes the extra mile, do you have a service oriented attitude and do you know how to make guests feel at home? Are you confident and do you tackle every challenge on your path? Then we are looking for you!
Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that writes new history with both ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night. Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is part of Eden Hotels.
Eden Hotels has built a compelling collection of city centre hotels over two generations. Our hands-on approach combines decades of industry expertise with business insight, enabling each and every colleague to reach their full potential. We take great pleasure in creating local experiences and lasting memories for our guests. With our 14 hotels, we are located in all the great cities and surprising places in the Netherlands. We know everything about our cities and ensure that the guest feels like part of our family. With our ambition to grow internationally, our mission is to start providing that same excellent service and experience across Europe. We have exciting times ahead with major projects on the horizon, so it's a great time to get on board!
You are up early in the morning because of your Manager-on-Duty shift. The breakfast is really busy so you will assist your colleagues in the restaurant. Then you receive a message on your beeper asking you if you could help the Front Office, where 11 rooms are waiting for check-out at the same time. While you’re doing this, you get a call from a prospective guest who would like to reserve a room for next week. No problem, you will take care of it! At 11 Am you have an appointment with the General Manager because there is a fun project which you will be working on in the coming months. Thereafter some administrative tasks need to be done and you will walk through the hotel to check if everything is as it should be. Your shift finishes at 15.00, when you have filled in the Duty log and handed over the duty to another colleague. No day is the same for a Duty Intern in our hotel and that is why this internship is so much fun! You enjoy the enthusiast guests and will make sure to provide them with the best service possible. Because if you are happy, your guests will be as well!
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned:
- Representing and/or replacing management.
- Ensuring the safety of guests and staff.
- To be aware of the content of all safety procedures / duty manual.
- Check-in / check-out hotel guests.
- Dealing with complaints / problem solving.
- Room checks.
What do we expect from you
- You’re studying at HBO level.
- You are eager to learn and would like to learn as much as possible.
- You have a presentable appearance, are passionate about nature and have a proactive attitude.
- You have relevant experience in the hospitality business, especially Front Office.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Do you also speak (a little) French, German or Spanish? We would consider that a huge advantage!
- You like to work in teams but are also capable of working independently.
- You live in the area of Amsterdam.
Handy to have
- You do not mind working on rotation schedules, including weekend shifts and holidays.
What can you expect from us
- Internship contract.
- Top internship remuneration.
- Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is part of Eden Hotel Group.
- The Eden Basics are well taken care of. Think of a travel allowance for the days you don't have a public transport card.
- Two free nights during your internship period in an Eden Hotel of your choice.
- Team member and family room rate discount at Hard Rock Hotels.
- Inhouse experience at Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American.
- Substantial discount on even more overnight stays, also for Friends & Family.
- A nice colleague bonus scheme.
- Great colleagues and a lot of (creative) freedom.
- Cosy events and of course a nice present for all the great moments in life.
- On your behalf, our Sjoerd Dijkstra Foundation dedicates itself to beautiful social projects in the hospitality industry for vulnerable groups in society.
- At Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference during the application process. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.
Do you meet our expectations? Or can you convince us why you are the best fit for this position? Send us your motivation and C.V. in the most creative way possible!