Front Office Supervisor
Are you the person who always gives that little bit extra? Do you have that service and leadership attitude, and do you know how to make guests feel at home? Then you might be the new Front Office Supervisor of the Babylon Hotel Den Haag!
What will you be doing?
You are the point of contact for colleagues and our guests and provide them with all the information they need. As Front Office Supervisor, you are the right hand of the Front Desk Manager. Manage your team and ensure that the shift runs smoothly. On alternating shifts, you perform all subtasks of the front office and ensure excellent service and guest experience. No two days are the same in our hotel, and that is exactly what makes the job so much fun! You enjoy the enthusiasm of the guests, and you do everything to provide them with excellent service, together with your team. Because if your team is happy, so are your guests!
Who are we?
The Babylon Hotel Den Haag is an icon at The Hague Central Station since 1978 and is part of Eden Hotels. Centrally located, with a fantastic view and, of course, all the famous attractions within easy reach. The hotel has 143 rooms and several special meeting rooms. On the first floor of the hotel, you will find our bar and restaurant "The Livingroom", where we delight our guests.
Eden Hotels has built a compelling collection of city centre hotels over two generations. Our hands-on approach combines decades of industry expertise with business insight, enabling each and every colleague to reach their full potential. We take great pleasure in creating local experiences and lasting memories for our guests. With our 14 hotels, we are located in all the great cities and surprising places in the Netherlands. We know everything about our cities and ensure that the guest feels like part of our family. With our ambition to grow internationally, our mission is to start providing that same excellent service and experience across Europe. We have exciting times ahead with major projects on the horizon, so it's a great time to get on board!
Who are you?
- You are stress-resistant and have a high sense of responsibility.
- You are representative, enthusiastic, and have a proactive attitude.
- You work well in a team but can also work independently.
- You have a service attitude and the guest is your number one priority.
- You can enthuse, initiate, guide, and coach your team.
- You have a hospitable and enthusiastic appearance and attitude.
- You are a team leader and have a strong personality.
- You have experience in a similar position.
- You have knowledge of Office and hotel reservation systems.
- You speak fluent Dutch and English. Do you also speak (some) French, German, or Spanish? Even better!
- You are flexible in terms of working hours and tasks.
- You live in the Den Haag region.
What can you expect from us?
- A full-time contract (with an intention to extend).
- A gross salary starting at €2.075,00* per month (based on full-time employment).
- The Eden Basics are in good hands with us. Think good collective insurances and a travel allowance.
- Two free nights a year in an Eden Hotel of your choice.
- Substantial discount on even more nights, also for Family & Friends.
- 25 vacation days and the option to buy 5 extra days.
- Continued self-development at our Eden Academy.
- Healthy bicycle via the company scheme.
- Have your online orders conveniently delivered to the hotel.
- A nice colleague bonus scheme.
- Great colleagues and lots of (creative) freedom. Social events and of course a nice gift for all the wonderful moments in life.
- At Eden Hotels, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference to your chances during the application process. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.
*Salary is based on the Hospitality Collective Labour Agreement wage scale when the candidate is 21 years of age or older.
View other vacancies
Independently Working ChefSee vacancy
Zelfstandig Werkend KokSee vacancy
Food & Beverage SupervisorSee vacancy