Do you embody the spirit of going above and beyond? Are you the kind of person who naturally exudes hospitality and inspires others with your leadership mentality? Do you have the innate ability to create a welcoming atmosphere that makes guests feel like they never left home? If you answered yes to these questions, then we have an opportunity that aligns with your passion for customer service. Apply now for the role of Front Office Supervisor!
What will you be doing?
As the Front Office Supervisor, you are the glue that binds our team and guests together, serving as the main point of contact and the go-to person for any inquiries or requests. As Front Office Supervisor, you are the right hand of the Front Desk Manager. Manage your team and ensure that the shift runs smoothly. On alternating shifts, you perform all subtasks of the front office and ensure excellent service and guest experience. No two days are the same in our hotel, and that is exactly what makes the job so much fun! You'll be empowered to lead by example and handle any unexpected situations that arise with grace and tact. You'll also be responsible for addressing any guest comments and reviews, taking appropriate action, and ensuring our front desk services remain top-notch. You enjoy the enthusiasm of the guests, and you do everything to provide them with excellent service, together with your team. Because if your team is happy, so are your guests!
Who are we?
The new Eden Hotel Amsterdam has undergone a complete metamorphosis after its renovation. We have a real Tokyo-style hotel bar, a beautiful Food Theatre where you can eat and drink all day long and a self-service concept has been rolled out in the new lobby. The addition of 5 new rooms brings the total to no less than 391 and makes us one of the largest hotels in the center of Amsterdam. A large number of rooms were also refurbished with a Burlesque theme. The history of Eden Hotels and the history of the hotel and its surroundings are brought to the fore in every aspect of the new design.
Eden Hotels has built a compelling collection of city centre hotels over two generations. Our hands-on approach combines decades of industry expertise with business insight, enabling each and every colleague to reach their full potential. We take great pleasure in creating local experiences and lasting memories for our guests. With our 13 hotels, we are located in all the great cities and surprising places in the Netherlands. We know everything about our cities and ensure that the guest feels like part of our family. With our ambition to grow internationally, our mission is to start providing that same excellent service and experience across Europe. We have exciting times ahead with major projects on the horizon, so it's a great time to get on board!
Who are you?
- Stress doesn't get the best of you, and you always take responsibility seriously.
- You radiate enthusiasm and positivity, and your proactive attitude is contagious.
- You work well in a team but can also work independently.
- Providing excellent service to guests is your top priority, and you have a genuine passion for hospitality.
- You know how to inspire, guide, and mentor your team to reach their full potential.
- You have a hospitable and enthusiastic appearance and attitude.
- You are a team leader and have a strong personality.
- You have experience in a similar position.
- You have knowledge of Office and hotel reservation systems.
- You speak fluent English. Also (a little) French, German, or Spanish? Even better!
- You are flexible in terms of working hours and tasks.
- You live in the Amsterdam area.
What can you expect from us?
Receive a temporary €1000 starting bonus for this position. Read more information and conditions here.
- A full-time contract (with an intention to extend).
- A gross salary starting at €2.052,36* per month (based on full-time employment).
- The Eden Basics are in good hands with us. Think good collective insurances and a travel allowance.
- Two free nights a year in an Eden Hotel of your choice.
- Substantial discount on even more nights, also for Family & Friends.
- 25 days of holiday days and the option to buy 5 extra days.
- Continued self-development at our Eden Academy.
- Healthy bicycle via the company scheme.
- Have your online orders conveniently delivered to the hotel.
- A nice colleague bonus scheme.
- Great colleagues and lots of (creative) freedom.
- Cosy events and of course a nice gift for all the wonderful moments in life.
- At Eden Hotels, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference to your chances during the application process. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.
*Salary is based on the Hospitality Collective Labour Agreement wage scale when the candidate is 21 years of age or older.