Front Office Trainee
Babylon Hotel The Hague is looking for interns. You will be part of a young and dynamic team. As an all-round intern you will be the first contact for our guests and the face of the hotel.
What will you be doing?
As an all-round intern you will be assigned to various tasks so you can learn a much as possible. You will of course be coached throughout your internship.
You are the first contact for our guests and provide them with all information they need. You will help guests use the self-check in, tell them which highlights in the city they really shouldn't miss and proactively ask if you can reserve a table for them at one of your many recommendations in the city. In between, you get a call from a guest who wants to reserve a room for next week. No problem, you take care of it! You see that the next guests are ready to check out, so you catch them immediately. You're furiously curious about how they experienced their time with us. You take their suitcases, so they can go into town. They say they will be back soon. That is what you do it for!
"It's wonderful to be so all-round." you said to yourself this morning when you helped prepare the rooms. You even discovered some points of improvement that you immediately discussed with your colleagues. When the last guests leave the lobby you notice that a colleague is busy with guests who are coming in for breakfast; you don't hesitate for a moment and jump in. You help your colleague with serving a nice coffee, clean the tables and make sure the room looks its very best again. And you learn a lot!
Who are we?
Babylon Hotel The Hague, an icon at The Hague Central Station since 1978 and part of Eden Hotels. Centrally located, with a fantastic view and of course with all the famous attractions within easy reach. The hotel has 143 rooms and several special meeting rooms. On the first floor of the hotel you will find our bar and restaurant "The Livingroom", where we give our guests a real feeling of home.
Eden Hotels has built a compelling collection of city centre hotels over two generations. Our hands-on approach combines decades of industry expertise with business insight, enabling each and every colleague to reach their full potential. We take great pleasure in creating local experiences and lasting memories for our guests. With our 14 hotels, we are located in all the great cities and surprising places in the Netherlands. We know everything about our cities and ensure that the guest feels like part of our family. With our ambition to grow internationally, our mission is to start providing that same excellent service and experience across Europe. We have exciting times ahead with major projects on the horizon, so it's a great time to get on board!
Who are you?
- You are easy to get along with and you have a friendly, hospitable attitude.
- You are representative and have great contact skills.
- You like to work in a team but can also work independently.
- You are flexible and take initiative whenever possible.
- You are a real go-getter, eager to learn and enthusiastic for the job.
- You are a student of the ‘’Middelbare Hotelschool’’ or comparable studies.
- You have knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Do you also speak (some) French, German or Spanish? That makes us even happier!
- You live in the region of The Hague.
What can you expect from us?
- Internship contract.
- Top internship remuneration.
- The Eden Basics are well taken care of. Think of a travel allowance for the days you cannot use your OV-card for public transport.
- Two free nights during your internship period in an Eden Hotel of your choice.
- Substantial discount on even more overnight stays, also for Friends & Family.
- A nice colleague bonus scheme.
- Great colleagues and a lot of (creative) freedom.
- Cosy events and of course a nice present for all the great moments in life.
- You are part of Eden Hotels' ambitious growth plans.
- At Eden Hotels, we attach great importance to equality and diversity. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves.
View other vacancies
Waiter/Banquet EmployeeSee vacancy
Zelfstandig Werkend KokSee vacancy
Sous ChefSee vacancy