Our Front Office Squad makes sure that guests parade through our hotel whistling (or maybe even singing, dancing or jamming?) every day. Do you have the skills required to provide your guests with the ultimate ‘rockstar experience’? In other words: do you have it in you to rock in this job? If so, we’re looking for you!
Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that writes new history with both ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night. Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is part of Eden Hotels.
Eden Hotels has built a compelling collection of city centre hotels over two generations. Our hands-on approach combines decades of industry expertise with business insight, enabling each and every colleague to reach their full potential. We take great pleasure in creating local experiences and lasting memories for our guests. With our 13 hotels, we are located in all the great cities and surprising places in the Netherlands. We know everything about our cities and ensure that the guest feels like part of our family. With our ambition to grow internationally, our mission is to start providing that same excellent service and experience across Europe. We have exciting times ahead with major projects on the horizon, so it's a great time to get on board!
Your day starts with coffee and our soundcheck! After receiving all the information needed you are ready to make great memories for our guests! An early arrival and the room is ready, fantastic this means the guests can freshen up and start the real Hard Rock Hotel experience. After this you have guests who needs to check out but fell in love with the hotel and want to extend for an extra night, you quickly check the availability and sell them the room. And of course you keep communicating with all departments to keep everybody up to speed. The phone rings, and somebody wants to make a reservation for next week, no problem, you will take care of it! No day is the same for a Front Office Trainee in our hotel and that’s why this internship will be so much fun!
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
- Answer telephone according to Hard Rock Hotel standards.
- Check in guests.
- Financial transactions.
- Answer all possible questions guests may have.
- Handle guest requests.
- Check out guests.
- Have knowledge of Amsterdam.
- Have knowledge about the building.
- Know, understand, and practice (with energy and enthusiasm) the mission, values, mottos, culture and spirit that make Hard Rock unique.
What do we expect from you
- You are following a relevant education.
- You are eager to learn and would like to learn as much as possible.
- You have a strong service orientation and attitude. The guest is your number 1 priority.
- You have a presentable appearance, are passionate about nature and have a proactive attitude.
- You live in the Amsterdam area.
- You speak fluent Dutch and English. Do you also speak (a little) French, German or Spanish? We would consider that a huge advantage!
- You do not mind working on rotation schedules, including night and weekend shifts.
What can you expect from us
- Internship contract.
- Top internship remuneration.
- Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is part of Eden Hotel Group.
- The Eden Basics are well taken care of. Think of a travel allowance for the days you don't have a public transport card.
- Two free nights during your internship period in an Eden Hotel of your choice.
- Team member and family room rate discount at Hard Rock Hotels.
- Inhouse experience at Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American.
- Substantial discount on even more overnight stays, also for Friends & Family.
- A nice colleague bonus scheme.
- Great colleagues and a lot of (creative) freedom.
- Cosy events and of course a nice present for all the great moments in life.
- At Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference during the application process. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.
Do you meet all our expectations? Or can you convince us why you are the best intern for this position? Send us your motivation and C.V. in the most creative way possible!