Our Front of House Squad makes sure that guests parade through our hotel whistling (or maybe even singing, dancing or jamming?) every day. Do you have the skills required to provide your guests with the ultimate ‘rockstar experience’? In other words: do you have it in you to rock in this job? If so, we’re looking for you!
As Guest Relations Officer, you are the focal point of the Front of House. You ensure a high level of guest satisfaction and offer all guests an unforgettable experience during their stay by satisfying their needs and surpassing their expectations. You are responsible for handling complaints, organising and communicating guest requests, checking guests in and out, and responding to their enquiries and requests. You maintain guest profiles and ensure that regular guests, VIPs and business customers are recognised and pleasantly surprised.
The Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable 5-star experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that is breaking new ground with a blend of ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
- Lead, direct, and manage all guest requests between the departments. Maintain regular presence throughout the department;
- Review and develop guest history records to enhance personalized service for repeat guests;
- Check VIP guests in and out of the hotel in a confident, professional, and friendly manner;
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to ensure daily arrival rooms are cleaned;
- Ensure amenities have been set up and executed;
- Review special requests/needs and assist with the pre-blocking of rooms/suites;
- Maintain knowledge of all property services and hours of operation; restaurant food concepts, menus, dress codes, and ambiance; day/nightlife concepts, dress codes, and ambiance; guest room types, names, layout, amenities, and locations; and room rates, special packages, and promotions;
- Greet guests in all public areas of the property; answer questions, handle requests, and offer directions, as needed;
- Participate in the daily Morning Meetings;
- Be familiar with local events and attractions;
- Ensure an extraordinary experience and create loyalty to the property and Hard Rock brand by exceeding expectations through exceptional service and product quality;
- Resolve guest complaints and suggest changes to management to prevent future issues;
- Present a professional image to guests;
- Maintain confidentiality of guest, employee, and company information;
- Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we deliver Amplified Service.
Experience, education, and certifications
- MBO/HBO training;
- Training in Hotel Management / customer service / host(ess);
- Relevant work experience (e.g. hotel guest relations, front office, service & hospitality environment).
- Excellent command of English and Dutch (preferably along with a 3rd language);
- Presentable appearance;
- Excellent communication and service-related skills;
- A passionate personality;
- Flexible attitude;
- Have a proactive attitude, are enterprising and creative;
- Conversant with Opera (reservation system) and Microsoft Office.
- Not averse to rotating and weekend shifts, and working on public holidays;
- Passion for music and knowledge of music trends preferred.
What can you expect from us
- A challenging job;
- Capacity for own creativity and initiative;
- Appropriate salary;
- Discount on overnight stay and F&B in the hotels within our group;
- Training and career opportunities;
- Collective health insurance;
- The Inhouse Experience (after probationary period).
Do you meet our expectations? Or you can convince us why you are the best fit for this position? Send us your motivation and C.V. in the most creative way possible!