Are you the person who always gives that little bit extra? Do you have that service and leadership attitude, and do you know how to make guests feel at home? Then you might be the new Guest Relations Supervisor of the Eden Hotel Amsterdam.
What will you be doing?
Are you ready for a role that will challenge you and allow you to showcase your exceptional customer service skills? We are looking for a Guest Relations Supervisor to join our team and become the shining star of our reception! As the go-to person for our guests, you will go above and beyond to ensure that their stay is nothing short of exceptional. You will be the master of handling complaints, organising guest requests, checking guests in and out, and responding to their inquiries with lightning speed. With your keen attention to detail, you will maintain guest profiles and ensure that our regulars, VIPs, and business customers feel recognized and appreciated. You will inspire your colleagues with your enthusiasm and commitment to providing the best possible guest experience. If you are a natural problem solver, have a flair for customer service, and are ready to take your skills to the next level, then we are looking for you!
Who are we?
The new Eden Hotel Amsterdam has undergone a complete metamorphosis after its renovation. We have a real Tokyo-style hotel bar, a beautiful Food Theatre where you can eat and drink all day long and a self-service concept has been rolled out in the new lobby. The addition of 5 new rooms brings the total to no less than 391 and makes us one of the largest hotels in the center of Amsterdam. A large number of rooms were also refurbished with a Burlesque theme. The history of Eden Hotels and the history of the hotel and its surroundings are brought to the fore in every aspect of the new design.
Eden Hotels has built a compelling collection of city centre hotels over two generations. Our hands-on approach combines decades of industry expertise with business insight, enabling each and every colleague to reach their full potential. We take great pleasure in creating local experiences and lasting memories for our guests. With our 13 hotels, we are located in all the great cities and surprising places in the Netherlands. We know everything about our cities and ensure that the guest feels like part of our family. With our ambition to grow internationally, our mission is to start providing that same excellent service and experience across Europe. We have exciting times ahead with major projects on the horizon, so it's a great time to get on board!
Who are you?
- A passion for creating unforgettable guest experiences that goes beyond the ordinary.
- An unwavering commitment to quality and an exceptional eye for detail.
- You have excellent planning and organisational skills that keep everything running smoothly.
- People skills that are second to none, with a keen sense of tact and empathy.
- Out-of-the-box thinking that pushes boundaries and brings new ideas to the table.
- A love for doing things differently and a desire to take our guest experience to the next level.
- Thriving in a dynamic and fast-paced environment where you can take on new challenges and opportunities.
- You are a team player who is also comfortable working independently to get the job done.
- Excellent communication and service-related skills that make guests feel welcome and valued.
- A proactive, flexible attitude that is both enterprising and creative.
- Knowledge of IDPMS Amadeus is preferred, but not required.
- You speak fluent English. Also (a little) French, German, or Spanish? Even better!
- You have at least 1 year experience in a similar position.
- You live in the Amsterdam area.
What can you expect from us?
Receive a temporary €1000 starting bonus for this position. Read more information and conditions here.
- A full-time contract (with an intention to extend).
- A gross salary starting at €2.052,36* per month (based on full-time employment).
- The Eden Basics are in good hands with us. Think good collective insurances and a travel allowance.
- Two free nights a year in an Eden Hotel of your choice.
- Substantial discount on even more nights, also for Family & Friends.
- 25 days of holiday days and the option to buy 5 extra days.
- Continued self-development at our Eden Academy.
- Healthy bicycle via the company scheme.
- Have your online orders conveniently delivered to the hotel.
- A nice colleague bonus scheme.
- Great colleagues and lots of (creative) freedom.
- Cosy events and of course a nice gift for all the wonderful moments in life.
- At Eden Hotels, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference to your chances during the application process. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.
*Salary is based on the Hospitality Collective Labour Agreement wage scale when the candidate is 21 years of age or older.