Do you pride yourself on being a hands-on problem solver who isn't afraid to get your hands dirty? Are you a skilled coach and motivator, with a strong sense of responsibility? If you're up for a challenge, we're currently seeking a new Head of Technical Services for the Eden Hotel Amsterdam, and you could be the perfect fit!
What will you be doing?
Are you ready to take on an exciting challenge where no day is the same? Eden Hotel Amsterdam is looking for a proactive and dynamic Head of Technical Department to lead our six-person TD team. You are responsible for ensuring that our hotel's maintenance planning and programs are executed smoothly. In this role, you are the go-to person for external suppliers and contractors, and you can easily find your way around in-house developed maintenance programs. You are passionate about preventive maintenance and ensuring that our installations and public areas are always in top condition. You ensure that any malfunctions are quickly and efficiently resolved, and our guests remain satisfied. We value the comfort and experience of our guests, and you will too! In addition to that you are responsible for purchasing and managing all materials and maintenance supplies needed for the technical department, energy management, and ensuring all certificates and permits are up-to-date.
Who are we?
The new Eden Hotel Amsterdam has undergone a complete metamorphosis after its renovation. We have a real Tokyo-style hotel bar, a beautiful Food Theatre where you can eat and drink all day long and a self-service concept has been rolled out in the new lobby. The addition of 5 new rooms brings the total to no less than 391 and makes us one of the largest hotels in the center of Amsterdam. A large number of rooms were also refurbished with a Burlesque theme. The history of Eden Hotels and the history of the hotel and its surroundings are brought to the fore in every aspect of the new design.
Eden Hotels has built a compelling collection of city centre hotels over two generations. Our hands-on approach combines decades of industry expertise with business insight, enabling each and every colleague to reach their full potential. We take great pleasure in creating local experiences and lasting memories for our guests. With our 13 hotels, we are located in all the great cities and surprising places in the Netherlands. We know everything about our cities and ensure that the guest feels like part of our family. With our ambition to grow internationally, our mission is to start providing that same excellent service and experience across Europe. We have exciting times ahead with major projects on the horizon, so it's a great time to get on board!
Who are you?
- You are a practical problem solver with a can-do attitude and you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get to work.
- As a technically-minded individual, you have a vast understanding of various installations and maintenance works.
- You have completed at least an MBO education in technology.
- You have at least five years of leadership experience within a technical department
- You are a hands-on, go-getter who isn't afraid to take the lead and can connect with people effortlessly.
- You can handle the heat when the pressure is on. You can keep a cool head and find solutions even in the most demanding situations.
- You speak fluent Dutch and English. Also (a little) French, German or Spanish? Even better!
- You live in (the vicinity of) Amsterdam.
What can you expect from us?
- A full-time annual contract (with an intention to extend).
- The Eden Basics are in good hands with us. Think good collective insurances and a travel allowance.
- Two free nights a year in an Eden Hotel of your choice.
- Substantial discount on even more nights, also for Family & Friends.
- 25 days of holiday days and the option to buy 5 extra days.
- Healthy bicycle via the company scheme.
- Have your online orders conveniently delivered to the hotel.
- A nice colleague bonus scheme.
- Great colleagues and lots of (creative) freedom. Cosy events and of course a nice gift for all the wonderful moments in life.
- At Eden Hotels, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference to your chances during the application process. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.