An opportunity to start your career in Amsterdam’s famous Art Deco restaurant. Are you a natural host(ess), do you love making people happy and do you like variety? Keep on reading because we are looking for you!
In the morning you wake up early, because you have a breakfast shift. Together with your colleagues you will make sure the breakfast is ready and you provide guests with coffee and tea. At 12 o’clock, after cleaning up, your shift is over and someone else will take over. Tomorrow you have a late shift and you will be helping during diner. Next to Café Americain you will be trained in Bar Americain, Room Service, Kitchen and Banqueting. No day is the same for a F&B intern in our hotel and that’s why this internship will be so much fun! You enjoy the enthusiastic guests and make sure to provide them with the best service possible. Because if you are happy, your guests will be as well!
Who are we?
In the fifties, Café Americain had already established itself as a meeting place for Amsterdam locals; today, it has acquired iconic status in our beautiful city, which offers a truly phenomenal view on Leidseplein. This well-known Art Deco restaurant is a modern brasserie that is breaking new ground with a blend of ‘Class’ & ‘Classics’. From early morning till late at night. Café Americain represents historic allure - according to the 21st century. Excellent quality, an accessible style, and brimming with personality. In addition to Amsterdam items on the All Day menu, we also offer Dutch ingredients.
Eden Hotels has built a compelling collection of city centre hotels over two generations. Our hands-on approach combines decades of industry expertise with business insight, enabling each and every colleague to reach their full potential. We take great pleasure in creating local experiences and lasting memories for our guests. With our 14 hotels, we are located in all the great cities and surprising places in the Netherlands. We know everything about our cities and ensure that the guest feels like part of our family. With our ambition to grow internationally, our mission is to start providing that same excellent service and experience across Europe. We have exciting times ahead with major projects on the horizon, so it's a great time to get on board!
What will you be
- Be thoroughly familiar with all menu items.
- Ensure restaurant is clean and in order at all times, including tables, chairs, floors, walls, ceilings, lighting, temperature, music, and décor.
- Ensure sequence of service is followed for all guests.
- Greet guests, take food and beverage orders, and suggestive sell.
- Serve food and beverages, ensuring timeliness, completeness, and accuracy.
- Accommodate guests’ special requests whenever possible.
- Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff.
- Resolve guest complaints using property procedures.
- Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we deliver Amplified Service.
- Always smile and offer a warm greeting to all.
- Take initiative to offer assistance throughout the property.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
Experience, Education and Certifications
- You are following a relevant education.
- You are social and you have a friendly and welcoming attitude.
- You are immune to stress, work diligent and have a sense of responsibility.
- You have a hands-on mentality and are a good listener.
- You have a proactive attitude.
- You like to work in teams but are also capable of working independently.
- You live in the Amsterdam area.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Do you also speak (a little) French, German or Spanish? We would consider that a huge advantage!
- Not averse to rotating and weekend shift and working on public holidays.
What can you expect from us?
- Internship contract.
- Top internship remuneration.
- The Eden Basics are well taken care of. Think of a travel allowance for the days you don't have a public transport card.
- Two free nights per year in an Eden Hotel of your choice.
- Substantial discount on even more nights, also for Family & Friends.
- A nice colleague bonus scheme.
- Great colleagues and lots of (creative) freedom.
- Cosy events and of course a nice gift for all the great moments in life.
- You are part of Eden Hotels' ambitious growth plans.
- On your behalf, our Sjoerd Dijkstra Foundation dedicates itself to beautiful social projects in the hospitality industry for vulnerable groups in society.
- At Eden Hotels, we attach great importance to equality and diversity. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves.