Do you have a natural talent for organizing things and do you want to be partly responsible to the success of Café Americain and the very first Hard Rock Hotel in the Netherlands? Then we are looking for you!
Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that is breaking new ground with a blend of ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night. Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is part of Eden Hotels.
Eden Hotels has built a compelling collection of city centre hotels over two generations. Our hands-on approach combines decades of industry expertise with business insight, enabling each and every colleague to reach their full potential. We take great pleasure in creating local experiences and lasting memories for our guests. With our 13 hotels, we are located in all the great cities and surprising places in the Netherlands. We know everything about our cities and ensure that the guest feels like part of our family. With our ambition to grow internationally, our mission is to start providing that same excellent service and experience across Europe. We have exciting times ahead with major projects on the horizon, so it's a great time to get on board!
After your internship you will know exactly what it takes to be an F&B Manager. What will you learn? You will be busy purchasing and implementing new products, you will do a bit of HR by creating schedules and together with the F&B Manager you will handle complaints and lead shifts.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not reflect all of the tasks that may be assigned.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all menu items.
- Ensure restaurant is clean and in order at all times, including tables, chairs, floors, walls, ceilings, lighting, temperature, music, and décor.
- Ensure sequence of service is followed for all guests.
- Assigning activities, giving directions/instructions.
- Supervising the progress and quality of the activities, receiving and handling questions/complaints from guests.
- Making work schedules, arranging sufficient staffing (part-timers, stand-by workers).
- Consultation and coordination of activities with other departments.
- Accommodate guests’ special requests whenever possible.
- Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff.
- Resolve guest complaints using property procedures.
- Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we deliver Amplified Service.
- Always smile and offer a warm greeting to all.
- Take initiative to offer assistance throughout the property.
What do we expect from you
- You are following a HBO Tourism or Hospitality education.
- You are social and you have a friendly and welcoming attitude.
- You are immune to stress, work diligent and have a sense of responsibility.
- You have a hands-on mentality and are a good listener.
- You have a proactive attitude.
- You like to work in teams but are also capable of working independently.
- You live in the Amsterdam area.
- Fluent English is essential, and if you have the added advantage of being able to speak Dutch, that's a valuable asset!
- Not averse to rotating and weekend shift and working on public holidays.
- Passion for music and knowledge of music trends preferred.
What can you expect from us
- Internship contract.
- Top internship remuneration.
- Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is part of Eden Hotel Group.
- The Eden Basics are well taken care of. Think of a travel allowance for the days you don't have a public transport card.
- Two free nights during your internship period in an Eden Hotel of your choice.
- Team member and family room rate discount at Hard Rock Hotels.
- Inhouse experience at Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American.
- Substantial discount on even more overnight stays, also for Friends & Family.
- A nice colleague bonus scheme.
- Great colleagues and a lot of (creative) freedom.
- Cosy events and of course a nice present for all the great moments in life.
- At Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference during the application process. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.