Ideally speaking, the day doesn’t start for you until the sun goes down? In other words: are you a real night owl who is bursting with energy and can make guests feel like a rock star until the early hours? Maybe you will take the stage as a Night Receptionist at Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American.
Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that is breaking new ground with a blend of ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night.
You come in at 23:00, the music is blasting in the lobby and there are guests all over the place! Great, your day starts with checking in guests who had a delayed flight. With your enthusiastic and upbeat story about the hotel you make sure that they forget all about their terrible flight! The phone rings and guests want some fresh towels, no problem, you run upstairs and hand them to the guests. You also make sure that all guests and colleagues are safe throughout the night. You also don’t mind to do some administrative tasks and financial handling which are part of the night audit. At 07:00 your day ends and it is time for bed! You had a great shift and feel totally satisfied.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not reflect all of the tasks that may be assigned.
- Answer telephone according to Hard Rock Hotel standards.
- Check in late arrivals.
- Financial transactions.
- Answer all possible questions guests may have.
- Handle guest requests.
- Prepare In Room Dining menu items.
- Security rounds.
- Check out guests who have an early flight.
- Know, understand, and practice (with energy and enthusiasm) the mission, values, mottos, culture and spirit that make Hard Rock unique.
- Perform Night Audit in absence of the Night Auditor.
What do we expect from you
- All night long by Lionel Richie is your favourite song.
- You do work already in a hotel as Night Receptionist, preferably 2 years or more.
- You are familiar with Opera (our PMS system) and Mews.
- Great diploma’s, preferably in the hospitality sector.
- You do not mind working on rotation schedules, weekends and holidays.
Handy to have
- You live and breathe music.
- You love making guests happy.
- You can give amazing air guitar concerts.
- You like to roll up your sleeves and get down to work.
- You have a high sense of responsibility.
- You are an enthusiastic and strong communicator.
- Stress?? You don’t know that word!
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Any other language? Fantastic! The more the merrier.
- You live in the Amsterdam area.
- When needed you can work in other hotels part of Eden Hotel Group in Amsterdam.
What can you expect from us
- A part-time contract (with an intention to extend).
- A gross salary starting at €2.020,00* per month (based on full-time employment).
- Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is part of Eden Hotel Group.
- The Eden Basics are in good hands with us. Think good collective insurances and a travel allowance.
- Two free nights per year in an Eden Hotel of your choice.
- Substantial discount on even more nights, also for Family & Friends.
- Team member and family room rate discount at Hard Rock Hotels.
- Inhouse experience at Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American.
- 25 days of holiday and the option to buy 5 extra days of holiday.
- Continued self-development at the School of Hard Rock.
- Bicycle scheme via the company scheme.
- Have your online orders conveniently delivered to the hotel.
- A nice colleague bonus scheme.
- Great colleagues and lots of (creative) freedom.
- Cosy events and of course a nice gift for all the great moments in life.
- Our Sjoerd Dijkstra Foundation dedicates itself on your behalf to beautiful social projects in the hospitality industry for vulnerable groups in society.
- At Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference during the application process. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.
*Salary is based on the Hospitality Collective Labour Agreement wage scale when the candidate is 21 years of age or older.
Do you meet all our expectations? Or can convince us why you are the best fit for this position? Send us your motivation and C.V. in the most creative way possible!