Ideally speaking, the day doesn’t start for you until the sun goes down? In other words: are you a real night owl who is bursting with energy and can make guests feel like a rock star until the early hours? Maybe you will take the stage as a Night Receptionist at the Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American.
You come in at 23:00, the music is blasting in the lobby and there are
guests all over the place! Great, your day starts with checking in guests who
had a delayed flight. With your enthusiastic and upbeat story about the hotel
you make sure that they forget all about their terrible flight! The phone rings
and guests want some fresh towels, no problem, you run upstairs and hand them
to the guests. You also make sure that all guests and colleagues are safe
throughout the night. You also don’t mind to do some administrative tasks and
financial handling which are part of the night audit.
At 07:00 your day ends and it is time for bed! You had a great shift and feel totally satisfied.
Who are we?
The Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable 5-star experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that is breaking new ground with a blend of ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not reflect all of the tasks that may be assigned.
- Answer telephone according to Hard Rock Hotel standards;
- Check in late arrivals;
- Financial transactions;
- Answer all possible questions guests may have;
- Handle guest requests;
- Prepare In Room Dining menu items;
- Security rounds;
- Check out guests who have an early flight;
- Know, understand, and practice (with energy and enthusiasm) the mission, values, mottos, culture and spirit that make Hard Rock unique;
- Perform Night Audit in absence of the Night Auditor.
What do we expect from you:
- All night long by Lionel Richie is your favourite song.
- You do work already in a hotel as night receptionist, preferably 2 years or more.
- You are familiar with Opera (our PMS system) and Mews;
- Great diploma’s, preferably in the hospitality sector;
- You do not mind working on rotation schedules, weekends and holidays.
Handy to have:
- You live and breathe music.
- You love making guests happy.
- You can give amazing air guitar concerts.
- You like to roll up your sleeves and get down to work.
- You have a high sense of responsibility.
- You are an enthusiastic and strong communicator.
- Stress?? You don’t know that word!
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Any other language? Fantastic! The more the merrier
- You live in the Amsterdam area.
- When needed you can work in other hotels part of Eden Hotel Group in Amsterdam.
What we give to you!
- A part-time contract (with an intention to extend).
- A gross salary starting at €2.020,00* per month (based on full-time employment).
- A place to work surrounded by iconic items from the stars and music 24/7.
- The best trainings possible!
- A real Hard Rock experience, sleep in your own hotel after your probation period.
- The best of both worlds! Staff rate at all Hard Rock Hotels and Café’s and staff rate at all hotels of the Eden Hotel Group.
- A competitive salary according to your education and experience;
*Salary is based on the Hospitality Collective Labour Agreement wage scale when the candidate is 21 years of age or older.
Do you meet all our expectations? Or can convince us why you are the best fit for this position? Send us your motivation and C.V. in the most creative way possible!