Do you have eye for detail, a welcoming attitude and do you tackle every challenge on your path? Are you confident and proactive? Keep on reading because you are the right person for this job!
There is no better feeling than seeing our guests leave the hotel with the biggest smile on their face… We want to achieve this by providing the best service possible and that’s where your story begins! You as Quality Assurance Management Trainee will ensure the service is consistent to standards by monitoring and inspecting every aspect of service in detail. The Quality Assurance Management Trainee will not only inspect guest rooms and public areas, also F&B outlets and attitude and knowledge skills of Front of House and Reservation employees. You will do this for example by conducting Quality Assurance Audits and Mystery Shops. The results will be shared with the Head of Departments in order to ensure all quality standards are in place! As a Quality Assurance Management Trainee you will also function as a Duty Manager, in which you are the contact person for all kinds of inquiries. A very varied and educational management internship to say the least!
The Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable 5-star experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that writes new history with both ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned:
- Inspect all public areas that have been cleaned by housekeepers and ensure quality standards are met or exceeded;
- Inspect attitude and knowledge of employees by conducting mystery shops & phone calls to ensure quality standards are met or exceeded;
- Inspect F&B outlets by conducting mystery visits to ensure quality standards are met or exceeded;
- Discuss the findings of your inspections and visits with the Head of Departments;
- Provide feedback and coaching to housekeepers and employees of other departments based on results of inspection, to ensure quality standards are consistently met;
- Ensure key control policies are followed according to company standards.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Monitor the performance of others to ensure adherence to quality assurance expectations and standards;
- Use checklists to ensure that cleanliness and condition of each assigned area, F&B outlets and the attitude of employees meets designated standards;
- Attend the daily Morning Meetings with the Head of Departments;
- Daily Duty inspection rounds inside and outside of the hotel.
- Logging in Duty logbook;
- Operational assitance when needed;
- Handling incidents;
- Handling a fire alarm in collaborations with the Front Office and / or the head of ER;
- Leading a possible evacuation;
- Handling engineering malfunctions and / or issues when Engineering Team is not present;
Experience, education, and certifications
- You are following a relevant education (MBO lvl 4 / HBO);
- You have a friendly and welcoming attitude;
- You are immune to stress and you have a sense of responsibility;
- You have a hands-on mentality, are pro-active and eager to learn;
- You can handle different cultures very well;
- You like to work in teams but are also capable of working independently;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English;
- You live in the area of Amsterdam;
- Previous internship/work experience within a hotel is an advantage;
- You do not mind working on rotation schedules, weekends and public holidays.
What can you expect from us
- Room for development, own initiative and growth;
- A dynamic and fun work environment which is rooted in the spirit of music;
- A one of a kind and educational internship;
- Discount on overnight stays and F&B within Eden Hotels;
- Career opportunities after your internship;
- Working for the very first Hard Rock Hotel in The Netherlands.
Do you meet our expectations? Or can you convince us why you are the best fit for this position? Send us your motivation and C.V. in the most creative way possible!