Do you have eye for detail, a welcoming attitude and do you tackle every challenge on your path? Are you confident and proactive? Keep on reading because you are the right person for this job!
Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable 5-star experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that writes new history with both ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night. Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is part of Eden Hotels.
Eden Hotels has built a compelling collection of city centre hotels over two generations. Our hands-on approach combines decades of industry expertise with business insight, enabling each and every colleague to reach their full potential. We take great pleasure in creating local experiences and lasting memories for our guests. With our 14 hotels, we are located in all the great cities and surprising places in the Netherlands. We know everything about our cities and ensure that the guest feels like part of our family. With our ambition to grow internationally, our mission is to start providing that same excellent service and experience across Europe. We have exciting times ahead with major projects on the horizon, so it's a great time to get on board!
There is no better feeling than seeing our guests leave the hotel with the biggest smile on their face… We want to achieve this by providing the best service possible and that’s where your story begins! You as Quality Assurance Management Trainee will ensure the service is consistent to standards by monitoring and inspecting every aspect of service in detail. The Quality Assurance Management Trainee will not only inspect guest rooms and public areas, also F&B outlets and attitude and knowledge skills of Front of House and Reservation employees. You will do this for example by conducting Quality Assurance Audits and Mystery Shops. The results will be shared with the Head of Departments in order to ensure all quality standards are in place! As a Quality Assurance Management Trainee you will also function as a Duty Manager, in which you are the contact person for all kinds of inquiries. A very varied and educational management internship to say the least!
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned:
- Inspect all public areas that have been cleaned by housekeepers and ensure quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Inspect attitude and knowledge of employees by conducting mystery shops & phone calls to ensure quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Inspect F&B outlets by conducting mystery visits to ensure quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Discuss the findings of your inspections and visits with the Head of Departments.
- Provide feedback and coaching to housekeepers and employees of other departments based on results of inspection, to ensure quality standards are consistently met.
- Ensure key control policies are followed according to company standards.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Monitor the performance of others to ensure adherence to quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Use checklists to ensure that cleanliness and condition of each assigned area, F&B outlets and the attitude of employees meets designated standards.
- Attend the daily Morning Meetings with the Head of Departments.
- Daily Duty inspection rounds inside and outside of the hotel.
- Logging in Duty logbook.
- Operational assistance when needed.
- Handling incidents.
- Handling a fire alarm in collaborations with the Front Office and / or the head of ER.
- Leading a possible evacuation.
- Handling engineering malfunctions and / or issues when Engineering Team is not present.
What do we expect from you
- You are following a relevant education (MBO lvl 4 / HBO).
- You have a friendly and welcoming attitude.
- You are immune to stress and you have a sense of responsibility.
- You have a hands-on mentality, are pro-active and eager to learn.
- You can handle different cultures very well.
- You like to work in teams but are also capable of working independently.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- You live in the area of Amsterdam.
- Previous internship/work experience within a hotel is an advantage.
Handy to have
- You do not mind working on rotation schedules, weekends and public holidays.
What can you expect from us
- Internship contract.
- Top internship remuneration.
- Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is part of Eden Hotel Group.
- The Eden Basics are well taken care of. Think of a travel allowance for the days you don't have a public transport card.
- Two free nights during your internship period in an Eden Hotel of your choice.
- Team member and family room rate discount at Hard Rock Hotels.
- Inhouse experience at Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American.
- Substantial discount on even more overnight stays, also for Friends & Family.
- A nice colleague bonus scheme.
- Great colleagues and a lot of (creative) freedom.
- Cosy events and of course a nice present for all the great moments in life.
- On your behalf, our Sjoerd Dijkstra Foundation dedicates itself to beautiful social projects in the hospitality industry for vulnerable groups in society.
- At Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference during the application process. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.
Do you meet all our expectations? Or can you convince us why you are the best fit for this position? Send us your motivation and C.V. in the most creative way possible!