Our Reservations Squad makes sure that guests already feel at home before they even have arrived! Do you have the skills required to provide your guests with the ultimate service experience and do you always speak with a smile on your face? In other words: do you have it in you to sell the best possible arrangements to our guests? If so, we have just the traineeship available for you!
The Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable 5-star experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that writes new history with both ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night.
Your day starts with coffee or tea and our soundcheck! Then it is your time to shine!
For our guests you take care of any requests, quotations, confirmations, payments and invoices. One minute you have a corporate customer on the phone, then a booker from Great Britain will email you about the various options for the ultimate Rock Star experience in Amsterdam. As a reservations employee, no day is the same. And that is what makes your job so much fun!
Of course there is much more to it! Are you up for this challenge? Great, I look forward to our conversation.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned;
- Answer phone calls and emails for new reservations or enquiries;
- Assist with all possible reservations such as individual, banqueting or groups;
- Conduct upsell moments;
- Select and block rooms for arriving guests; pre-register individuals or groups, as required and assist in escorting VIPs and return guests to their rooms, as requested;
- Ensure all guest information is accurate and maintained in an organized manner;
- Familiarize yourself with the Hard Rock guidelines and take reservations following these guidelines;
- Listen to feedback from guests and act upon it;
- Know, understand, and practice (with energy and enthusiasm) the mission, values, mottos, culture and spirit that make Hard Rock unique.
What do we expect from you:
- You are following an appropriate study;
- You are ambitious, proactive and take initiative;
- You are commercially strong and driven by results;
- You are easy going and you have a friendly, hospitable attitude.
Handy to have:
- You live and breathe music;
- You love making guests happy;
- You like to roll up your sleeves and get down to work;
- You have a high sense of responsibility;
- You are an enthusiastic and strong communicator;
- Stress?? You don’t know that word!;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Any other language? Fantastic! The more the merrier;
- You live in the Amsterdam area.
What we give to you
- Room for development, own initiative and growth;
- A dynamic, nice and amicable work environment;
- A varied and educational internship;
- Discount on overnight stays and F&B within Eden Hotels;
- Career opportunities after your internship.
Do you meet our expectations? Or you can convince us why you are the best intern for this position? Send us your motivation and C.V. in the most creative way possible!