Cooking fine dining for true VIP rock stars in the very first Hard Rock Hotel in the Netherlands? Do you dish out the most innovative culinary creations, and do you enjoy being in the culinary spotlight? Then you may well be the new superstar of Café American.
You will prepare the dishes for all of the food & beverage outlets in the hotel. Your job will be to ensure that the dishes only leave the kitchen if they not only taste good, but look good as well; be it breakfast early in the morning or the last dessert of the evening meal. As a Chef de Parti, you are of course fully familiar with the latest cooking techniques, food trends, and ingredients. You also have the skills required to passionately pass on this knowledge to your team and guests. Your mission is to improve the standard of the processes, products and menus just a little bit each day in comparison to the previous day. You know exactly how to efficiently organise your working day so that you are never short of time, and are always eager and willing to offer a brainstorming-based menu, because we always want to pleasantly surprise our guests with our menu and exquisite dishes. This way, each working day is different, either for you or for your colleagues.
In the fifties, this had already established itself as a meeting place for Amsterdam locals; today, it has acquired iconic status next to the Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, which offers a truly phenomenal view of the Leidseplein. This well-known Art Deco restaurant is a modern brasserie that is breaking new ground with a blend of ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night. Café Americain represents historic allure - according to the 21st century. Excellent quality, an accessible style, and brimming with personality. In addition to Amsterdam items on the All Day menu, it also offers Dutch ingredients.
- Receive and store food according to standards, ensuring all product is rotated and items are stored at proper temperatures;
- Passing on or prepaReview production schedule at the beginning of each shift to ensure all items necessary for preparation are stocked; ring orders yourself;
- Ensure all items are prepared according to recipe cards, plating guides, and photographs and or according to chef’s orders;
- Follow kitchen safety procedures at all times;
- Ensure the production process is maintained, done on the basis of weekly planning and daily planning;
- Stock juice, mixMaintain an overview, ensure a division of tasks and direct colleagues in the department where necessary;ers, soft drinks, beer, wine, liquor, and supplies;
- Check the fridges and freezer for products and stock (THT, FIFO, HACCP.);
- Check the cleaning of the department and its environment;
- Guide students according to the agreements made (division of tasks).
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
Experience, Education and Certifications
- Completed at least one MBO level 3 in cooking;
- In possession of a ‘leermeester diploma’;
- In possession of “sociale hygiene” and HACCP certificates.
- You have demonstrable knowledge of basic cooking techniques;
- You know exactly how to motivate your team and include them in your enthusiasm;
- You have excellent communication skills;
- You are independent, creative and empathic;
- Obviously you are flexible about working hours and duties;
- You have a high level of responsibility and are quality oriented;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English;
- You have knowledge of products, ingredients and allergens.
- Ability to move throughout the business (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders
- Ability to occasionally move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds / 25 kilograms
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion
- Ability to tolerate work under pressure due to peaks in workload
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment
- Not averse to rotating and weekend shifts, and working on public holidays.
What can you except from us
- A dynamic yet congenial work environment;
- Competitive salary;
- Room for development, own initiative and growth;
- A dynamic, nice and amicable work environment;
- Discount on overnight stays and F&B in the hotels within our group;
- Capacity for own creativity and initiative;
- Training and career opportunities;
- Collective health insurance;
- Inhouse experience after probation period.