Are you a jolly, fun loving personality? You now have the chance to work in Amsterdam’s famous ambitious Art Deco restaurant, which also houses the very first Hard Rock Hotel in the Netherlands! Every guest is in good hands when they are in your section, you make sure they are well taken care off. Is hospitality your middle name, then Café Americain wants you!
As an allround F&B employee, you are an essential part of Café Americain. You flawlessly assess the needs and wishes of your guests, both on the terrace as well as inside the stunning Café Americain. From the moment they arrive untill the moment they leave. You serve breakfast, lunch, drinks or dinner with detailed professional knowledge. You are prepared to work hard and to support your colleagues wherever necessary. You know how to respond to the unexpected changes of the day and you know how to be part of the team.
the fifties, this had already established itself as a meeting place for
Amsterdam locals; today, it has acquired iconic status next to the Hard Rock
Hotel Amsterdam American, which offers a truly phenomenal view of the
Leidseplein. This well-known Art Deco restaurant is a modern brasserie that is
breaking new ground with a blend of ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning
till late at night. Café Americain represents historic allure - according to
the 21st century. Excellent quality, an accessible style, and brimming with
personality. In addition to Amsterdam items on the All Day menu, it also offers
- Be thoroughly familiar with all menu items, including ingredients and food allergens, and wine list in order to assist guests and answer questions accurately;
- Ensure restaurant is clean and in order at all times, including tables, chairs, floors, walls, ceilings, lighting, temperature, music, and décor;
- Greet guests, take food and beverage orders, and suggestive sell;
- Serve food and beverages, ensuring timeliness, completeness, and accuracy;
- Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff;
- Participate in meetings to learn about global programs, new products and procedures, and to discuss areas of opportunities, special events, and other activities;
- Resolve guest complaints using property procedures;
- Create a positive environment in which all employees have the ability to maximize their potential;
- Always smile and offer a warm greeting to all;
- Take initiative to offer assistance throughout the property.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
Experience, Education and Certifications
- At least one year of proven experience in a similar position;
- MBO+ work and think level.
- You have a high level of responsibility and are service oriented;
- You have a presentable appearance;
- You have excellent communication and service-related skills;
- You are highly motivated, a flexible personality, with the ability to handle stress well;
- You have a proactive attitude, are creative and you see everything that happens;
- You are familiar with Micros (POS system);
- Thorough knowledge of wines and drinks, or at least you are keen to learn more about it.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Any other language? Fantastic! The more the merrier.
- Ability to move throughout the business (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time;
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists;
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear;
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders;
- Ability to occasionally move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds / 25 kilograms;
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion;
- Ability to tolerate work under pressure due to peaks in workload;
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Not averse to rotating and weekend shift and working on public holidays;
- Passion for music and knowledge of music trends preferred.
What can you expect from us
- A dynamic yet congenial work environment;
- Competitive salary;
- Room for development, own initiative and growth;
- A dynamic, nice and amicable work environment;
- Discount on overnight stays and F&B in the hotels within our group;
- Capacity for own creativity and initiative;
- Training and career opportunities;
- Collective health insurance;
- Inhouse experience after probation period.