Bar Americain, a cocktail bar visited by many celebrities and therefore in possession of a wide variety of celebrity pictures taken by our bartenders themselves. Do you offer VIP treatment to every guest you serve, and are you equally passionate about cocktails as you are about your latest Spotify playlist? Then Bar Americain wants you!
As a bartender, your domain will not only be behind the bar itself but the entire outlet. You will prepare all your drinks, from cappuccino to gin and tonics and our signature cocktails, with the same loving care - and impeccable quality. You are abreast of the latest trends and ingredients in drinks and beverages. Guests can always consult you about special beers, local spirits or special cocktails - and you will serve each of them with a special individual nuance. A good bartender is cheerful and full of energy, and is always able to come up with an entertaining anecdote or two about the bar and hotel. And of course you know how to keep your work area spotlessly clean all day long. Feel the vibe and make an impression.
The Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable 5-star experience. Part of it is Bar Americain, no other hotel bar in Amsterdam has collected this many photos of celebrities which visited the bar throughout the years. With Paradiso and de Melkweg around the corner, Bar Americain has always been the place to be for artists to have a drink. Bar Americain is also known for its signature cocktails rewarded with prestigious awards.
- Receiving guests, taking orders, providing information about drinks and food;
- Preparing orders yourself;
- Taking care of the mice & place, such as checking the bar and the sitting area;
- Replenishing the bar stock by collecting and putting away the necessary items;
- Cleaning up the work areas and bar equipment after working hours;
- Setting the terrace;
- Stock juice, mixers, soft drinks, beer, wine, liquor, and supplies;
- Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff;
- Opening and closing the cashier;
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment for co-workers and guests;
- Be knowledgeable of property facilities, services, hours of operation, in-house events, conferences, and amenities to proactively assist guests.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
Experience, Education and Certifications
- MBO 2-3 working and thinking level;
- Familiarity with the (legal) safety and (social) hygiene regulations.
- You have a high level of responsibility and are service oriented;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Any other language? Fantastic! The more the merrier;
- You have a presentable appearance;
- A highly motivated, flexible personality, with the ability to handle stress well
- You have excellent communication and service-related skills;
- You are highly motivated, a flexible personality, with the ability to handle stress well;
- You have a proactive attitude, are creative and you see everything that happens;
- You are familiar with Micros (POS system);
- Excellent knowledge of bartending (eg. cocktails, liquors, barista etc.).
- Ability to move throughout the business (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders
- Ability to occasionally move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds / 25 kilograms
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion
- Ability to tolerate work under pressure due to peaks in workload
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment
- Not averse to rotating and weekend shifts, and working on public holidays;
- Passion for music and knowledge of music trends preferred.
What can you except from us
- A dynamic yet congenial work environment;
- Competitive salary
- Room for development, own initiative and growth;
- A dynamic, nice and amicable work environment;
- Discount on overnight stays and F&B in the hotels within our group;
- Capacity for own creativity and initiative;
- Training and career opportunities;
- Collective health insurance;
- Inhouse experience after probation period.