Our Front of House Squad makes sure that guests parade through our hotel whistling (or maybe even singing, dancing or jamming?) every day. Do you have the skills required to provide your guests with the ultimate ‘rockstar experience’? In other words: do you have it in you to rock in this job? If so, we’re looking for you!
What will your job entail?
You will be the point of contact for our guests and will provide them with all the information they need. You will help guests check in, tell them where they will find the best museums that afternoon, and ask if you can reserve a table for them in the restaurant. While you’re doing this, you get a call from a prospective guest who would like to reserve a room for next week. No problem, you will take care of it! The new guests will check out and thank you for your friendly service. They say they will be back soon. That’s what you do it for!
Who are we?
The Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable 5-star experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that is breaking new ground with a blend of ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night.
- You handle stress well
- You are a good team player but can also work independently
- You have a strong service orientation and attitude. The guest is your number 1 priority
- You have a presentable appearance, are passionate by nature and have a proactive attitude
What do we require?
- You have experience in a similar position, preferably 2 years or more
- You have knowledge of IDPMS (Integrated Distribution Property Management System) Hotel concepts
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Do you also speak (a little) French, German or Spanish? We would consider that a huge advantage!
- You do not mind working on rotation schedules, including night and weekend shifts
- You live in the Amsterdam area
What can you expect from us?
- A contract based on 8 hours per week
- A dynamic yet congenial work environment
- Competitive salary
- Training through the Eden Academy
- Discount on overnight stays within the Eden Hotels