An opportunity to work in Amsterdam’s famous Art Deco restaurant, which will also house the very first (soon to be) Hard Rock Hotel in the Netherlands. Do you offer VIP treatment to every guest you serve, and are you equally passionate about food and drink as you are about your latest Spotify playlist? Then Café Americain wants you!
What will your job entail?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and cheerful host(ess) for our team, for whom hospitality and enthusiasm are top priorities. You bring cheerfulness and joviality with you and know how to welcome our guests in such a manner that they never want to leave. As host(ess), you are responsible for reservations, and maintain telephone contact with our guests. You welcome them, take their coats and usher them to their table/s, where you introduce them to their waiter for the evening. Café Americain guests leave with a broad smile after you have said goodbye to them.
Who are we?
The Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable 5-star experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that writes new history with both ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night.
- You have a passion for hospitality
- You like to surprise and delight guests
- Entertaining guests is in your DNA
- You have a hands-on mentality and can work independently
- You are flexible about your working hours and duties
- Good command of the English language
- MBO+ working and thinking level
What can you expect from us?
- Challenging job
- Capacity for own creativity and initiative
- Appropriate remuneration
- Discount on overnight stays and F&B within Eden Hotels
- Training and career opportunities
- Collective health insurance