Do you have a natural talent for organizing things and do you want to be partly responsible to the success of Café Americain?
After your internship you will know exactly what it takes to be a F&B manager. What will you learn? You will be busy purchasing and implementing new products, you will do a bit of HR by creating schedules and together with the F&B Manager you will handle complaints and lead shifts. Finally you will be busy with marketing tasks by managing the social media channels of the Café.
In the fifties, this had already established itself as a meeting place for Amsterdam locals; today, it has acquired iconic status next to the (soon to be) Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, which offers a truly phenomenal view of the Leidseplein. This well-known Art Deco restaurant is a modern brasserie that is breaking new ground with a blend of ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night. Café Americain represents historic allure - according to the 21st century. Excellent quality, an accessible style, and brimming with personality. In addition to Amsterdam items on the All Day menu, it also offers Dutch ingredients.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
Experience, Education and Certifications
- You are following a HBO Tourism or Hospitality education
- You are social and you have a friendly and welcoming attitude
- You are immune to stress, work diligent and have a sense of responsibility
- You have a hands-on mentality and are a good listener
- You like to work in teams but are also capable of working independently
- You live in the Amsterdam area
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Do you also speak (a little) French, German or Spanish? We would consider that a huge advantage!
- You do not mind working on rotation schedules, including night and weekend shifts
What can you expect from us
- Room for development, own initiative and growth
- A dynamic, nice and amicable work environment
- A varied and educational internship
- A fitting internship allowance
- Discount on overnight stays and F&B within Eden Hotels
- Career opportunities after your internship