Do you have a natural talent for organizing things and do you want to be partly responsible to the success of Café Americain and the very first Hard Rock Hotel in the Netherlands? Then we are looking for you!
Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that is breaking new ground with a blend of ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night.
After your internship you will know exactly what it takes to be a F&B Manager. What will you learn? You will be busy purchasing and implementing new products, you will do a bit of HR by creating schedules and together with the F&B Manager you will handle complaints and lead shifts.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not reflect all of the tasks that may be assigned.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all menu items.
- Ensure restaurant is clean and in order at all times, including tables, chairs, floors, walls, ceilings, lighting, temperature, music, and décor.
- Ensure sequence of service is followed for all guests.
- Assigning activities, giving directions/instructions.
- Supervising the progress and quality of the activities, receiving and handling questions/complaints from guests.
- Making work schedules, arranging sufficient staffing (part-timers, stand-by workers).
- Consultation and coordination of activities with other departments.
- Accommodate guests’ special requests whenever possible.
- Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff.
- Resolve guest complaints using property procedures.
- Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we deliver Amplified Service.
- Always smile and offer a warm greeting to all.
- Take initiative to offer assistance throughout the property.
What do we expect from you
- You are following a HBO Tourism or Hospitality education.
- You are social and you have a friendly and welcoming attitude.
- You are immune to stress, work diligent and have a sense of responsibility.
- You have a hands-on mentality and are a good listener.
- You have a proactive attitude.
- You like to work in teams but are also capable of working independently.
- You live in the Amsterdam area.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Do you also speak (a little) French, German or Spanish? We would consider that a huge advantage!
- Not averse to rotating and weekend shift and working on public holidays.
- Passion for music and knowledge of music trends preferred.
What can you expect from us
- Room for development, own initiative and growth.
- A dynamic, nice and amicable work environment.
- A varied and educational internship.
- Discount on overnight stays and F&B in the hotels within our group.
- Career opportunities after your internship.
Do you meet all our expectations? Or can convince us why you are the best fit for this position? Send us your motivation and C.V. in the most creative way possible!