Do you have a natural talent for organizing things and do you want to be partly responsible to the success of Café Americain, part of the very first Hard Rock Hotel in the Netherlands? Then we are looking for you!
After your internship you will know exactly what it takes to be a F&B Manager. What will you learn? You will be busy purchasing and implementing new products, you will do a bit of HR by creating schedules and together with the F&B Manager you will handle complaints and lead shifts. Finally you will be working with marketing tasks by managing the social media channels of the Café Americain.
In the fifties, this had already established itself as a meeting place for Amsterdam locals; today, it has acquired iconic status next to the Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, which offers a truly phenomenal view of the Leidseplein. This well-known Art Deco restaurant is a modern brasserie that is breaking new ground with a blend of ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night. Café Americain represents historic allure - according to the 21st century. Excellent quality, an accessible style, and filled with personality.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all menu items;
- Ensure restaurant is clean and in order at all times, including tables, chairs, floors, walls, ceilings, lighting, temperature, music, and décor;
- Ensure sequence of service is followed for all guests;
- Assigning activities, giving directions/instructions;
- Supervising the progress and quality of the activities, receiving and handling questions/complaints from guests;
- Making work schedules, arranging sufficient staffing (part-timers, stand-by workers);
- Consultation and coordination of activities with other departments;
- Accommodate guests’ special requests whenever possible;
- Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff;
- Resolve guest complaints using property procedures;
- Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we deliver Amplified Service;
- Always smile and offer a warm greeting to all;
- Take initiative to offer assistance throughout the property.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
Experience, Education and Certifications
- You are following a HBO Tourism or Hospitality education.
- You are social and you have a friendly and welcoming attitude;
- You are immune to stress, work diligent and have a sense of responsibility;
- You have a hands-on mentality and are a good listener;
- You have a proactive attitude;
- You like to work in teams but are also capable of working independently;
- You live in the Amsterdam area;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Do you also speak (a little) French, German or Spanish? We would consider that a huge advantage!
- Ability to move throughout the business (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time;
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists;
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear;
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders;
- Ability to occasionally move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds / 25 kilograms;
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion;
- Ability to tolerate work under pressure due to peaks in workload;
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Not averse to rotating and weekend shift and working on public holidays;
- Passion for music and knowledge of music trends preferred.
What can you expect from us
- Room for development, own initiative and growth;
- A dynamic, nice and amicable work environment;
- A varied and educational internship;
- Discount on overnight stays and F&B in the hotels within our group;
- Career opportunities after your internship.