Are you the kind of person who goes the extra mile, do you have a service oriented attitude and do you know how to make guests feel at home? Are you confident and do you tackle every challenge on your path? Then we are looking for you!
You are up early in the morning because of your Manager-on-Duty shift. The breakfast is really busy so you will assist your colleagues in the restaurant. Then you receive a message on your beeper asking you if you could help the Front Office, where 11 rooms are waiting for check-out at the same time. While you’re doing this, you get a call from a prospective guest who would like to reserve a room for next week. No problem, you will take care of it! At 11 Am you have an appointment with the General Manager because there is a fun project which you will be working on in the coming months. Thereafter some administrative tasks need to be done and you will walk through the hotel to check if everything is as it should be. Your shift finishes at 15.00, when you have filled in the Duty log and handed over the duty to another colleague. No day is the same for a Duty Intern in our hotel and that is why this internship is so much fun! You enjoy the enthusiast guests and will make sure to provide them with the best service possible. Because if you are happy, your guests will be as well!
The Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable 5-star experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that writes new history with both ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
Experience, Education and Certifications
- You’re studying at HBO level
- You are eager to learn and would like to learn as much as possible
- You have a presentable appearance, are passionate by nature and have a proactive attitude
- You have relevant experience in the hospitality business, especially Front Office
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Do you also speak (a little) French, German or Spanish? We would consider that a huge advantage!
- You like to work in teams but are also capable of working independently
- You live in the area of Amsterdam
- You do not mind working on rotation schedules, including night and weekend shifts
What can you expect from us
- Room for development, own initiative and growth
- A dynamic, nice and amicable work environment
- A varied and educational internship
- A fitting internship allowance
- Discount on overnight stays and F&B within Eden Hotels
- Career opportunities after your internship