Our Front Office Squad makes sure that guests parade through our hotel whistling (or maybe even singing, dancing or jamming?) every day. Do you have the skills required to provide your guests with the ultimate ‘rockstar experience’? In other words: do you have it in you to rock in this job? If so, we’re looking for you!
The Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable 5-star experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that writes new history with both ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night.
Your day starts with coffee and our soundcheck!
After receiving all the information needed you are ready to make great
memories for our guests! An early arrival and the room is ready, fantastic this
means the guests can freshen up and start the real Hard Rock Hotel experience.
After this you have guests who needs to check out but fell in love with the hotel and want to extend for an extra night, you quickly check the availability and sell them the room. And of course you keep communicating with all departments to keep everybody up to speed.
The phone rings, and somebody wants to make a reservation for next week, no problem, you will take care of it!
No day is the same for a Front Office intern in our hotel and that’s why this internship will be so much fun!
- Answer telephone according to Hard Rock Hotel standards;
- Check in guests;
- Financial transactions;
- Answer all possible questions guests may have;
- Handle guest requests;
- Check out guests;
- Have knowledge of Amsterdam;
- Have knowledge about the building;
- Know, understand, and practice (with energy and enthusiasm) the mission, values, mottos, culture and spirit that make Hard Rock unique.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
Experience, Education and Certifications
- You are following a relevant education.
- You are eager to learn and would like to learn as much as possible;
- You have a strong service orientation and attitude. The guest is your number 1 priority;
- You have a presentable appearance, are passionate by nature and have a proactive attitude;
- You live in the Amsterdam area;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Do you also speak (a little) French, German or Spanish? We would consider that a huge advantage!;
- You do not mind working on rotation schedules, including night and weekend shifts.
What can you expect from us
- Room for development, own initiative and growth;
- A dynamic, nice and amicable work environment;
- A varied and educational internship;
- Discount on overnight stays and F&B within Eden Hotels;
- Career opportunities after your internship.