Are you the type of person who goes the extra mile, do you have a service oriented attitude and do you know how to make guests feel at home? If yes, we are looking for you!
You will be the point of contact for our guests and will provide them with all the information they need. You will help guests check in, tell them where they will find the best museums that afternoon, and ask if you can reserve a table for them in the restaurant. While you’re doing this, you get a call from a prospective guest who would like to reserve a room for next week. No problem, you will take care of it! The new guests will check out and thank you for your friendly service. They say they will be back soon. That’s what you do it for! Next to that, you will take care of the daily administrative tasks, like processing invoices. No day is the same for a Front Office intern in our hotel and that’s why this internship will be so much fun! You enjoy the enthusiastic guests and make sure to provide them with the best service possible. Because if you are happy, your guests will be as well!
The Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable 5-star experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that writes new history with both ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
Experience, Education and Certifications
- You are following a relevant education
- You are eager to learn and would like to learn as much as possible
- You have a strong service orientation and attitude. The guest is your number 1 priority
- You have a presentable appearance, are passionate by nature and have a proactive attitude
- You live in the Amsterdam area
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Do you also speak (a little) French, German or Spanish? We would consider that a huge advantage!
- You do not mind working on rotation schedules, including night and weekend shifts
What can you expect from us
- Room for development, own initiative and growth
- A dynamic, nice and amicable work environment
- A varied and educational internship
- A fitting internship allowance
- Discount on overnight stays and F&B within Eden Hotels
- Career opportunities after your internship