Do you have attention to detail, a welcoming attitude and do you show initiative? Keep on reading because you are the right person for this job!
You become happy by making sure the rooms are nice and clean! You will achieve this by leading a multicultural team of housekeepers. Of course you will be trained by us so you can control and lead the room attendants afterwards. You make sure that our guests get nice and clean rooms and you are jointly responsible for keeping the public areas clean. In short; you make sure our guests feel at home in our rooms!
The Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable 5-star experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that writes new history with both ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
Experience, Education and Certifications
- You have a friendly and welcoming attitude
- You are immune to stress, work diligent and have a sense of responsibility
- You have a hands-on mentality and are a good listener
- You can handle different cultures very well
- You like to work in teams but are also capable of working independently
- You are following a relevant education
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Do you also speak (a little) French, German or Spanish? We would consider that a huge advantage!
- You live in the area of Amsterdam
- You do not mind working on rotation schedules, including night and weekend shifts
What can you expect from us
- Room for development, own initiative and growth
- A dynamic, nice and amicable work environment
- A varied and educational internship
- A fitting internship allowance
- Discount on overnight stays and F&B within Eden Hotels
- Career opportunities after your internship