Do you whistle (or rock?!) on your way to work, thinking of ways in which your guests will enjoy an unforgettable experience - all over again? Are you a stickler for precision, whether when tuning your guitar or maintaining our hotel in a flawless condition? Chances are you are going to rock in your job as Housekeeping Hero.
The public area cleaner is responsible for a combination of duties including following daily and periodic cleaning schedules throughout the hotel both front and back of house. This includes,amongst other areas, the lobby, public toilets,meeting rooms as well as staff areas such as canteen and changing rooms.
The Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam
American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the
Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With
173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock
facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical
entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an
unbeatable 5-star experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the
iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that writes new
history with both ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at
- Ensuring all public guest and staff areas are kept clean and tidy throughout the shift;
- Reporting maintenance jobs to be carried out;
- Outside cleaning periodically throughout the day;
- Carry out Cleaning duties using machinery such as hard floor scrubbing machine and carpet cleaner;
- If necessary, clean rooms according to full room cleaning sequence, when required;
- If necessary, deep clean guest rooms according to schedule;
- Maintain awareness of guests in corridors, greeting guests in passing, using names when known, moving carts to allow guests to pass, and turning off vacuum cleaners when guests are present;
- Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff;
- Responsible for carrying out Lost Property procedure for items found in public areas;
- Listen to comments, criticisms, and feedback from supervisor;
- Utilize programs designed to help Save the Planet;
- Maintain confidentiality of guest, employee, and company information.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
Experience, Education and Certifications
- Secondary school degree preferred and/or previous work experience in service for at least 1 year.
- You have a hospitable and service-oriented attitude;
- You are enthusiastic and flexible;
- You have an eye for detail and willingly take the initiative;
- You maintain a high standard of quality;
- You live in the Amsterdam area;
- You are a real team player; you try to achieve the best result along with your colleagues as a team!
- Ability to move throughout the business (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time;
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists;
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear;
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders;
- Ability to regularly move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds / 25 kilograms;
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion;
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Not averse to rotating and weekend shifts, and working on public holidays;
- Passion for music and knowledge of music trends preferred.
What can you expect from us
- A challenging job;
- Capacity for own creativity and initiative;
- Appropriate salary;
- Discount on overnight stay and F&B in the hotels within our group;
- Training and career opportunities;
- Collective health insurance;
- The Inhouse Experience (after probationary period).